Child safe blinds
We know how important it is for a child’s world to be kept safe and secure. This is why all of our blinds either have a cord-free mechanism or come with a safety device in line with the latest European regulations.
If you are buying a new window covering for a child’s room, then you should consider designs that work without cords or chains. Our PerfectFit frames blinds into place between the beading and glass of a uPVC window, with the blinds fitting within this made-to-measure casing. There are no operating cords at all – instead the blinds are controlled using a simple tab or wand. Our Pleated, Venetian and Roller blinds can all be installed in this way.
Child Safety Devices
In any other rooms, designs with cords or chains must be secured with a child safety device whether or not you have children living with you. This is because little ones may visit your home from time to time. And if you decide to move, the blinds that you leave behind must be safe for the new owners.
- Our standard Roman, Venetian, Wood Venetian and free-hang Pleated blinds are installed with a cleat for the controls to be wrapped around. This device is fitted at a height of at least 1.5 metres from the ground.
- Our Roller, Vertical and deluxe Roman blinds are fitted with a hook to keep the controls taut.
- Breakaway components are another safety feature of certain blinds, which sense when a certain amount of force is placed upon them. These are also easy to reassemble if you pull a control too hard and they end up breaking away accidentally.
- Keep all cords and chains out of the reach of children using the safety hooks and cleats which have been fitted for you.
- Loose cords or chains should never be tied together.
- Furniture that children could climb on should be kept away from your windows.